Mango Pudding

By Saturday, April 21, 2012

I knew that time would be a luxury of the past.  No resentment, no anger. Just peace, for I am prepared for this to come.

And I prefer to count my blessings - colleagues have been great, and the work is something I've been wanting to try. The actual work has not come in yet, but I'm appreciating the insights I'm gaining each day.

Have I been baking? I'm proud to say "Yes".  I think "baking" is in my blood. Attempts have not turned out well though. The hotcross buns were so bland that my husband, who is generally supportive didn't want them the next day.

On a happier note, I had more success with puddings =) *Yeah!*



This is my mango pudding! Super creamy as I used whipping cream. You can substitute with evaporated milk too.
 
It's a real simple treat to make. Perfect for me as, the preparation time is very short.  I started making this at 11pm and was done by 11.30pm.




Recipe: (from Food 4-tots)
 
Ingredients
250g pureed fresh mangoes (approx 2 large mangoes will do, use ripe ones)
1/2 tsp lemon juice  (to prevent browning, but I left this out)
9g gelatin powder
50g sugar (may need more if lemon juice has been added)
100ml + 40 ml water
80g whipping cream

Method
  • In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin powder and let it soak in 40ml of water. *It will turn translucent in color and sticky. Set aside.
  • Add in 100ml of water and sugar to a medium saucepan. Boil on low heat till sugar has dissolved. Let everything come to a boil, before removing from stove.
  • Add in the soaked gelatin. Mix well. 
  • Add in the pureed mangoes. Mix well.
  • Add in the whipping cream. Mix well.
  • Let it cool slightly before spooning into ramekins or bowls. Cover with clingwrap and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.

The taste is good. Definitely more cost-saving than eating at Chinese restaurants, which can be priced at $4 to $6 per serving. Maybe I won't eat mango puddings outside now? Haha... think I would try to choose those I'm not able to replicate at home =P

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. i like to make mango pudding too, when the mangoes are cheap, i sure buy some and make this..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad i managed to make it.. not so difficult as I thought. Key is to use ripe mangoes =)

      Delete
  2. My thoughts echoed yours when I first started full time work late last year as well! Time is indeed a luxury and my baking is now done only on Saturdays! Lovely and simple pudding there though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup feels like so much to do, so little time left.. Wanna take inspiration from you to keep it up too! Meanwhile, am taking stock of my priorities, and see how I can best manage =)

      Delete
  3. good morning lala, working can also be a luxury as long as the work is not overloaded..ha! Some people actually prefer to work rather than staying at home, especially when they do not hv a partner or kids not around with them. I quite like mango pudding but never tried doing it myself, doesnt sound too difficult it seems. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice perspective to take! Yes, working does have its perks too

      Delete