Strawberry Pancakes

By Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Continuing with the love for pink and dreamy stuffs (actually I was more of wanting to use up my strawberry puree), I was excited to find this recipe from Little Accidents in the Kitchen. And I thought, a little tinge of pink in the pancake would be so cute! Do check out her website to see how pretty the colour looked.



As for the one I cooked, I used too little puree during the first time. Thus, I doubled the strawberry puree on the second attempt.




Hmm.. Much better looking now.

This is a simple batter to put together, and the texture is pretty fluffy. But I do have to take note not to overcook the sides. What I did was to look out for the bubbles (which tells me it's nicely brown on the other side).



Flip it over and cook for about another minute of so (depending on the size of your pancake and the stove temperature). The first pancake I cooked would usually be "chao da" - burnt, but after the sacrifice of the first pancake, it helps me to gauge the cooking time better =)



Recipe (source: Little Accidents in the Kitchen)
Makes 9 pancakes



Ingredients:
4 tbsp of strawberry puree
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
228g plain flour

Method:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients and stir till everything is well combined.

2. Grease a skillet with oil, and heat on medium high.

3. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto the skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the bubbles that appear on the surface pop.

4. Flip and cook for another 1 minutes till golden brown on both sides.

5. Serve hot with honey.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Lala,

    Nice to know that I'm not the only one who likes pink and everything with strawberry like strawberry shortcakes :p

    Your strawberry pancakes look good. choa da or not... I still see its pinky look :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete